Sunday, October 23, 2011

Greater Story

Since I decided to change the subject of my blog and since I have started writing again, I want to share some of my writings on here. This one I started writing earlier in the week and finished it yesterday. Feedback is always appreciated.



Greater Story

The years of feeling alone,
All the time spent being the strong one,
Building up the brick and mortar,
The walls no one could ever knock down.

I thought I was safe,
I thought no one could get to me,
But the whole time I was crying out,
Break down these stubborn walls.

The love I had been missing,
The encouragement I never heard,
The family I never knew,
Suddenly I have it all.

No longer on my own,
Suddenly surrounded by love,
Family hugs and encouragement,
What more do I need?

Through amazing grace,
Forgiven by God,
Now living for Christ
And the Holy Spirit inside of me.

All those years spent searching
For a place in my own life,
The whole time not knowing
My place is in His Greater Story.

© Tracy Bonzo ~ October 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment